Menu
XyZed
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why is Tivo deleting my programmes when I've set it to keep until I delete?

Hello there, I hope there is a fix for this 🙂

I'm a bit angry and certainly frustrated at how Tivo is arbitrarily deciding to delete my recordings when there is absolutely no need to do so.

Current situation is -

• I have set it to keep all new recordings and series links until I delete
  • Hard drive is only 56% full
  • It is set to record 3 programmes today lasting 3 hours
  • It is telling me it is going to delete 11 recorded programmes today (a total of 11 hours)

There are clearly other programmes set up to record over the coming week. But, there is more than enough space to record all of these programmes about 3 or 4 times over. Plus, even if there weren't, where's the sense in deleting them until really needed to give me time to watch them?

So is this how it's designed on purpose? Or has something gone wrong and it is not taking notice of the "keep until I delete" setting?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is Tivo deleting my programmes when I've set it to keep until I delete?

Hi definitely something wrong, I would phone and go down the Tv faults route.Regards Micky
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Are we sure this isn't the badly worded "program may be deleting in 3 days" message, that then morphs into "program will be deleted in 24hours" message that actually means nothing of the sort?

For as long as the OP's box has space, they can safely ignore this message if it's the one I think it is.

0 Kudos
XyZed
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Aye I've seen that, it's ridiculous wording, and disgraceful it has never been changed. It would take someone 2 minutes to change that in an update. It definitely says the programmes WILL be deleted.

Mine was telling me it was going to delete over 50 recordings between today and Thursday, despite having almost half of the space still free. I even deleted about 5 hours of recordings, but nothing changed.

So I went to settings and did a Tivo complete restart. When it booted back up, the folder of recordings soon to be deleted had disappeared. 🙂 I'll have to put it down to a weird anomaly or bug.