Menu
TonyH1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Why can't we have proper catch up apps?

OK, BBC iPlayer works great, but what about ITV/STV, All 4, Demand 5 etc?

I moved to Virgin on the promise of an all singing all dancing box that would fulfil my families TV needs.

What I got was a box that plugs in the TV and tells me that I need to subscribe to all those things I got included on my Sky box. 

It is 2019, why do I need to watch Amazon prime on the app on my smart TV, STV, All 4 and Demand 5 on an Android TV box and live TV, BBC iPlayer, Netflix and recordings on my Virgin box?

The box is more than technically capable of having all these things in one place, it just seems customer satisfaction is lower on the priority list than simplicity.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't we have proper catch up apps?

@TonyH1 wrote:

OK, BBC iPlayer works great, but what about ITV/STV, All 4, Demand 5 etc?

I moved to Virgin on the promise of an all singing all dancing box that would fulfil my families TV needs.

What I got was a box that plugs in the TV and tells me that I need to subscribe to all those things I got included on my Sky box. 

It is 2019, why do I need to watch Amazon prime on the app on my smart TV, STV, All 4 and Demand 5 on an Android TV box and live TV, BBC iPlayer, Netflix and recordings on my Virgin box?

The box is more than technically capable of having all these things in one place, it just seems customer satisfaction is lower on the priority list than simplicity.

The onus is on the broadcaster to develop an app that works with the TiVO platform. If they don’t want to pay for & maintain one you won’t get one. It’s that simple. Most broadcasters still take the easy (& cheaper) option of using VMs broadcast playout system.

PS. The STV app is available on the V6 box, but STV only permit its use in Scottish cable franchise areas.

You can watch all of your recordings on mobile devices via your home network. You can also download programmes to watch anywhere (where the broadcaster has allowed it).

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped