cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I see recorded programmes

roxeth
On our wavelength

I understand that programs are recorded on the local hard drive. Why is it then that when the VM service is not accessible I cannot watch what is already recorded?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've posted in the general chatter board and you will probably get a better answer from a post in the TV-specific boards, but rather than asking you to create a duplicate post...

Which TV box do you have? If you're not sure, check here 

What happens when you try to watch a recorded programme? Do you get any error codes or messages?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You can watch your recorded programmes even if the box is disconnected from the coaxial cable.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's too many variables here to advise further without a response from the OP, but....

I wonder if @roxeth  doesn't actually have recordings but "bookmarks" to VoD programmes.

These look & feel like recordings by design....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roxeth
On our wavelength

I have a Tivo box.  Can't recall the details now.  Just know that I tried to view a recorded program but couldn't.