cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are the dates programs were first broadcast missing from virginmedia

BKZ2457
Dialled in

As it says really, my box of recent is failing to show when an episode of anything was first aired when pressing "info" on the remote, it used to, but doesn't anymore?

93 REPLIES 93

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BKZ2457 wrote:

Now you have to wait till the end of the program as it has the date it was filmed but it only tells you the year.

Anyway its gone and no-one knows why.

I'm aware of the first-aired-date field that you're mentioning and if you're saying it's only appearing once a programme has finished, that explains your photos from yesterday.

But I can't replicate that - I'm trying it across several channels and it's all working as I'd expect it to.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

They were not my photos.

And the year appears at the end of every program and has done since Virgin was just someone's dream, , this is about pressing the INFO button, it USED to say FIRST AIRED _______  as in the photos, look at the photos and you will see that info [bottom right] is now missing, i can't see why this is so difficult to understand.

It used to say it, now it doesn't, i can't be any more specific than that.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BKZ2457 wrote:

They were not my photos.

Perhaps you could post some photos of this issue then - it was someone else who posted the previous ones, and I can't replicate what they're seeing.

Is this on programmes from certain channel(s)? Or after/before a certain date?

Edited to add photos with the first-aired-date present...

SCAR_Screenshot_18962111827667.jpg

SCAR_Screenshot_18960061862092.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Yes, first aired is missing from both my tivo boxes, you can see it on your photo's.  From tonights "The Chase" and its the same on everything else too, boxes been rebooted a million times at least.

Image1.jpg

Thank you for posting the pictures. Attached is a picture of the same program you took a picture of and the first aired information is not shown. I have also noticed that the year has gone missing from "My Shows"

P1340031.JPGP1340032.JPG

Its just odd. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you both have TiVo and not V6?

I hope @jbrennand won't mind being paged here - they use a V6 and I'd be interested in what their boxes are doing.

Hello, mine is a TIVO box.

I've noticed this info has disappeared recently too? I found the info useful. Any fix?

Mine are both Tivo