cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are the dates programs were first broadcast missing from virginmedia

BKZ2457
Dialled in

As it says really, my box of recent is failing to show when an episode of anything was first aired when pressing "info" on the remote, it used to, but doesn't anymore?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lucy_B

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for your patience whilst we investigated this issue further. After investigating this issue with our support teams we've learnt this feature was removed by TiVo as the information was not always correct. 

Unfortunately we've been advised that this feature will not be reinstated, and I am sorry for any frustration this may cause. 

Thanks

Lucy_B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

93 REPLIES 93

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have any specific examples?

It's quite normal for this to happen with films, and there are some scenarios where this can happen before later being corrected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

User247
Tuning in

I have noticed that "program first aired" information is no longer displayed when I use the info button on my remote control. It now just shows what the program is. Has an upgrade been done so this is no longer shown? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have any specific examples?

It's quite normal for this to happen with films, and there are some scenarios where this can happen before later being corrected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you for your reply. I have attached 2 photos of the same program 1st one is the situation now and the 2nd how is was previously with the date

P1340028.JPGP1340029.JPG

Thanks for the reply.

Its not films, they are still "dated" with just the year, its every program, its the same on my tivo upstairs, for instance it would say, "The Chase First Aired" and then the date, now no programs do, just the series and the episode number.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@User247 wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I have attached 2 photos of the same program 1st one is the situation now and the 2nd how is was previously with the date

I'm not quite sure how you can get a photo of the same programme info "now" and also "previously" when the date of broadcast in both seems to be 15/08, but all the same. My V6 has TBA for ITV-HD from 13th onwards, but that's perfectly normal for this time of the week.

It's worth commenting that the week+2 schedule data for most of the FTA channels tend to populate from Friday onwards, and be complete by Sunday. So currently there should be complete listings until Friday 12th, and then 13th-20th will populate by sometime during the weekend.

If you see specific examples that contradict this, then feel free to post up a photo and other TiVo/V6 users (myself included) will check to see if our boxes are doing the same.

I think theres a misunderstanding here, its nothing to do with schedules or programming. 

For years if you were watching a program and you clicked on the info as in the photos supplied above, in the bottom right it would say "date first aired".

Which one of them does.

In other words if it was the latest episode or whatever program say a documentary, you would know its brand new as it would have todays date on it.

Now you have to wait till the end of the program as it has the date it was filmed but it only tells you the year.

Anyway its gone and no-one knows why.

I found it useful on recorded programs to see if it was one I had already watched. Series link often records any it can find so a lot I have already watched. Now I have to go onto the internet and put in the series and episode number in, if they have it, to find out the date.

Indeed, i was watching a documentary the other day thinking it was a new program then as i got into it i realised i had watched it 4 years ago.

Had the info on air date been there i would have realised immediately but wasted time as you can imagine.