Menu
netta123
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why are my channels saying “to be announced”

Some of my channels are saying to be annocued and therefore can't see what’s on these channels and anything on that channel that’s planned to be recorded won’t record. Can anyone suggest anything? Thank you

0 Kudos
BennyH
Dialled in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why are my channels saying “to be announced”

Have you tried rebooting your box?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Press home then help and settings press OK then settings then network and reconnect to the virgin media network that will update your TV guide. Regards Micky
netta123
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks this worked
0 Kudos
gmh
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

With us it is ONLY the new STV channel that is giving the "to be announced" message from this Saturday (9th March 2019) onwards.  All other channels are normal.  So it is not the Virgin Box or connection that is the problem. Must be the new STV channel itself.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey there, @gmh.

I would like to know for how long have you experienced this error from STV channel?

Aileen_P

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
PrinterElf
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@gmh wrote:

With us it is ONLY the new STV channel that is giving the "to be announced" message from this Saturday (9th March 2019) onwards.  All other channels are normal.  So it is not the Virgin Box or connection that is the problem. Must be the new STV channel itself.

Quite possibly if the above suggestion of forcing a connection doesn't work, then the channel provider has yet to supply the listings to be incorporated into the guide the box downloads.

0 Kudos
gmh
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI

I made a mistake - it was not STV but the new Scottish BBC channel which had the problem.  It has now been corrected (presumably by the Channel) and I can now see up to 6 days in advance.

Sorry for the confusion.

thanks again