cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are kids channels being removed in November and will my bill be reduced because of this?

Phill22
Joining in

Why are kids channels being removed in November and will my bill be reduced because of this?

12 REPLIES 12

I guess there is an assumption here because pressing the red button says the kids channels can’t be added and to call CS to add them to my line up suggesting that it will go in November and to call them to add it. 
If that is not the case, the wording here is terrible. 

I started getting the 'SPECIAL TREAT' message yesterday on the channels my four year-old great-nephew watches regularly.  

My story begins back on the 4th of August 2021 when I received an email from Virgin Media with the subject line, 'Thanks for making those changes!'.

My first reaction was, "What changes?!", as I hadn't been in touch with them to change anything in my package. 

Anyway, I opened the email and saw this....

VM email.PNG

I immediately checked the TV to see if they had actually removed the subscription channel BT Sport. They hadnd't - I was still able to view all the BT Sport channels.

I phoned VM and they said they had changed my package after looking at my usage. When I queried the BT Sport removal issue they said that was an error in the email.  They were at pains to point out I would be saving £2 and a few pence per month with the new package.

The TV had changed from Full House to Maxit  so therefore from the 4th of August my new package was to be....

Edited Virgin new bundle.png

It seems to me that Virgin Media have been somewhat devious in the way they appear to have gone about attempting to make me pay extra next month to keep the kid's channels the great-nephew watches such as cartoonito, Nick Jr., etc. Furthermore, it seems that they sowed the seeds a couple of months ago.

Sneaky and underhand or what?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

MaxIt package includes BT Sport as standard. You've got the kids add-on as part of your bundle, presumably when you moved from the old Fun package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks