Menu
Highlighted
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Where is my silver terminator cap

This has been raised before but couldn't see a resolution so I have to start a new thread.

I am moving to a non-Virgin area and have received the pack to return my equipment. In the instructions I am asked to remove the cables from the wall socket and replace with a silver terminal cap. Like the others with the same problem I don't have any of these caps and there are non in the pack. I can see what they look like in a Virgin Team member's answer to a previous post but surely I'm not expected to source these and they should be supplied. I need two of these as my router and TV are in separate rooms.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Timmy-v
Tuning in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where is my silver terminator cap

Hi C_J_W,

I work for Virgin Media as a engineer and can confirm the terminator caps are nothing to worry about. They are not detrimental to the disconnection of your services and if the next occupant of your property has Virgin Media installed, any termination caps will be removed.

Regards, Tim

I work for Virgin Media
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tim. Yes I think the new owners have Virgin at the moment so hopefully they will keep with it (wish I could but moving to non-Virgin area)

Colin

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Timmy-v wrote:

Hi C_J_W,

I work for Virgin Media as a engineer and can confirm the terminator caps are nothing to worry about. They are not detrimental to the disconnection of your services and if the next occupant of your property has Virgin Media installed, any termination caps will be removed.

Regards, Tim

I’d like to call this into question.  You see I spent months a few years back with intermittent loss of service caused by noise on the line.  After this was escalated via the senior then principal technician visits, it turned out that the noise ingress was from a property further up the line that had previously had Virgin  Media.

So while not fitting silver end caps may not be detrimental to the OP’s disconnection.  It could well end up being detrimental to other people’s and result in hours spent searching for the source of the noise ingress.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Timmy-v
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

This is true, but as the customer never received the termination caps. If a fault was to arise from this, the correct action should be taken via the technician dealing with the fault.

Regards

I work for Virgin Media
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam 

Is it possible that one of the Forum Team can assist here.

@Timmy-v 

The point is that this is something to be avoided.  Remember.  If a tech is called to a fault in another property that is caused as a result of this.  It may not be an easy fix.  If the noise ingress is very intermittent and is not present when the tech comes out - Virgin Media end up having to book multiple call outs.

Therefore while it might not be the OP's fault.  The fact that a "Virgin Media Engineer" is promoting a course of action that could potentially cause trouble for other customers is not promising.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi C_J_W,

Thank you for coming back to us, hopefully  we will be in your new area sooner rather than later.

I have spoken to our filed support team and have arranged for 2 terminator caps to be sent, please allow up to 5 working days.

Kind regards

Paul.

C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul 👍

0 Kudos
Irkbeat
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have received only one terminator cap but I have two boxes.  Can I be sent another?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Irkbeat

Sorry to hear that you only got one cap when you had two boxes! We'll be able to get this sorted out for you - I've located your account via your forum information and have arranged for an additional cap to be posted to the account address for you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide