Menu
cheeseboard
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

What is the point?

I went into a Virginmedia store today (the one at the Gyle in Edinburgh) .

I wanted to

a) Pay the bill

b) Order a new remote for a Tivo

c) Update one of the boxes from a V+ to a TivoV6

All the shop could do was phone VM for me and as VM wanted a passcode from me (which I can't remember ever using in the past) I couldn't pay the VM bill in a VM shop. Seriously VM.I am glad there are no brewerys that want **bleep** ups organised..

Was told to talk to them re ordering a V6 box but there was still someone waffling on at me about press 1 for ???????? (no idea as I could barely hear whoever was at the other end of the phone as this was in a shopping centre and  wasn't the quitest of places).  Ended up putting the phone down and nodding to the girl who had been 'serving' us as she had wandered over to deal with someone else.

Finally paid te VM bill at a local store no phone call no password nothing .

Have e-mailed ChrisD directly but as yet no reply maybe he is on holiday.

Tried again to order an update online no go (IT IS STILL BUST) so tried to phone     

Press 1 to Change your channels and order a box

Press 2 to discuss your bill

Argghhh!!! Why don't you get your <expletive deleted> act in gear and fix your <expletive deleted > web ordering process or at least make it obvious what to do .

I know VM, just ignore this like all the other complaints and keep raking in the sheckels but I am this close to telling you to shove the whole kit and caboodle up your <expletive deleted>.

So :-

a) Any time frame on fixing the web site?

b) Any chance of a new remote?

c) any chance of your Virginmedia shops being more usefull than a chocolate teapot?

0 Kudos
cheeseboard
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is the point?

Well finally ordered a V6 .  After 13 minutes on the phone to someone whom I could barely understand (why does no-one speak BBC English[RP?] anymore).

After quicly blurting out that I was happy with the channels I had and just wanted to order the upgrade  Ordered a new box (used old password she said "that is it but it has expired give me a number" perhaps that was what was meant in the store earlier). Her main task seemed to be to upsell my  Broadband to cope with the new box (having 150 [usually tests at 156~160] already felt that was more than sufficient ) so the box is now coming on Tuesday.

Asked her who to talk to about a new remote (old one isn't lost or broken it is just V.old [the numbers have worn off]) she had me hold listening to some VM marketing crap for another four or five minutes, phone went dead , so still no new remote ordered .

Not even going to attempt anymore tonight  (my head is thumping.  Feel like I have been at this all day.

Virgin for a communications company you are  ***-poor at communicting.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is the point?

Hi cheeseboard

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

Sorry to hear you have had a less than helpful service from your local store.

I would like to look into this for you and raise a case to show your dissatisfaction.

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos