Menu
robamacs
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

WHY CANT I GET THROUGH TO A HUMAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am struggling not to swear in this post....I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FURIOUS WITH VIRGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the misfortune to have the ultimate ooomph package installed on 20-7-2019.

As soon as it was installed I  had issues with the sound glitching on the tv channels...only the Virgin channels though, all my other services, normal TV, Netflix, Prime and Now TV are fine. Odd that.

I have spend every day since installation trying to get through to a human being at Virgin, with NO success. I have spent 7 hours in total trying to get to speak to somebody. I have tried all and every phone number on the net, to no avail.

I have been through the process two dozen + times where the automated message tells me that there is an issue, and it will send a signal to restart everything. Once that done, NO CHANGE at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then when I try to get to somebody (again), after I have put my third password in on my phone keypad, the phone line is disconnected......EVERY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS CHICKEN S**T OPERATION ??????????????????

CAN YOU TELL HOW FURIOUS I AM TO BE SPENDING £99 A MONTH FOR THIS SERVICE............SORRY, LACK OF SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have already contacted BBC Watchdog about the issues I am having.

And how ironic that I have NOT been able to get in touch with anybody at Virgin within my 14 day cooling off period......FUNNY THAT,

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: WHY CANT I GET THROUGH TO A HUMAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that robamacs

This is not the level of service we expect our customers to receive, You mentioned the channels are glitching, can you check all cables into the TV and Box are secure?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
robamacs
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: WHY CANT I GET THROUGH TO A HUMAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All been checked double checked triple checked. V6 Box has been connected to DTS 5.1 system independantly via the optical cable and HDMI cable (2 different ones) and still does it, then connected to the tv directly via 2 different HDMI cables and sound running from tv to DTS 5.1 system, still does it.

Bluray player, SKY box, Amazon fire stick, X-Box, none of them have any issues at all. Only this Virgin box.

0 Kudos
robamacs
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So am I going to get any help on here? I have come on here as a last resort due to the appaling service given by Virgin, hoping one of the Virgin moderators can actually get an engineer out to me to sort this, as I'm appaled with my treatment, considering I'm paying for the most expensive package you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OK, I need to check some things from our end, I am going to send you a private message. If you can reply to that I can check this.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

And how ironic that I have NOT been able to get in touch with anybody at Virgin within my 14 day cooling off period......FUNNY THAT

The fourteen day cooling off period starts at the time of installation which presumably means a 'proper' installation - just a thought - good luck

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi spell, 

Sorry to hear you've had some trouble getting though to the team. 

Have you managed to speak with anyone since your post on Tuesday? 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's Robamacs you need to contact - probably bemused by now at this bizarre exchange over a straightforward matter.