Menu
Davemc1708
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WANTING TO UPGRADE

Virgin customer around 20 years. Want to upgrade to V6 and my hub. Paying £1600pa to virgin for services. They want to charge me a £20 installation fee. Really?

I am hoping that somebody with a little sense and customer suaveness (if thats a word) is able to assist.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: WANTING TO UPGRADE

That's about the going rate.

0 Kudos
Jomodu
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same. 20 years on full package. Quoted me £119 to upgrade my Tivo box to V6!!!

is this right? 

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is free if your old one is broken, that is, it can’t load and always crashes etc

at least that is what I argued last year, it is their job to ensure the equipment works... earlier than a V6 can’t handle bbc iPlayer fo instance or netflix

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi all

To confirm upgrade prices, we'd have to recommend you give our team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other so we can fully clear security and discuss this with you in full.

We'd love to hear how you get on

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@machineghost wrote:

It is free if your old one is broken, that is, it can’t load and always crashes etc

at least that is what I argued last year, it is their job to ensure the equipment works... earlier than a V6 can’t handle bbc iPlayer fo instance or netflix

My TiVo box can handle iPlayer, Netflix and YouTube perfectly.

0 Kudos