Menu
Nicnoo1
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

W02 error

I have pretty much copied and pasted another person's message below as it perfectly sums up my own problem. I had an engineer come out today to fix a problem with my Tivo service where on a fair few channels I was getting "There is a problem with the signal on this channel. If this keeps happening, can us on 150 from your virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (W02). This has been going on for weeks.

The engineer switched my broadband router and TiVo box to a v6, and checked the cabinet in the street.

However it has not fixed the issue, and there are a load of channels both HD and non HD that I can't access, nor record those channels.

I've switched everything off and on again, to no avail.

I called 150 and was told to take out a cable from the back - which I couldn't do at that time as I was trying to record the World Cup! The guy said he'd call me back but didn't.

Can anyone advise? Am pretty fed up with this now, and wondering whether Virgin is taking it seriously.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: W02 error

Hi Nicnoo1,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to hear about what's happened.

I can see that you've been able to arrange another engineer appointment so please let us know how it goes or whether you need any further help after your appointment.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Nicnoo1
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the tv picture is worse than ever. The tally is now up to about 5 engineers that have tried to resolve the problem. I spoke to the customer services team the other day and they read from a script telling me to check the cables into my TiVo box were OK. They clearly do not have any information following the engineer's visit. The said they would send a 'special' engineer.

Since then I've had a text message to say that they have put a hold on the special engineer as the are investigating a network problem. Nothing further since then and definitely no improvement. No suggestion of any kind of alternative nor money back for failed services.

Completely fed up. I'm giving Virgin one last chance to fix this, otherwise I'm off.

• Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicnoo1,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have looked into this and the network problem is showing resolved so please let me know whether you're still experiencing the same issue.

I understand you've already had multiple engineers but this may be an issue with the cables rather than the box so we may need to arrange another to schedule for these to be replaced.

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Nicnoo1
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

Nope, it's not fixed. Following two calls to VM this afternoon (being cut off from the first after being on hold for around 15 mins, and then FINALLY getting to speak to a supervisor on the second call) I've been told there is a network issue that should be resolved by the 24th. 

I asked for some compensation for not having had a full tv service for the past (at least) 6 weeks and was told I could be compensated from the 21st to the 24th. 3 days. 

So yet another hour of my life trying to get a resolution and no further forward other than to keep my fingers crossed for the 24th.

I asked how I could escalate if it's not resolved on the 24th, but it seems that I will have to ring 150 again.

Virgin's customer service is so completely un-joined-up.  You had information to suggest that the network problem had been fixed which is at odds with what I was told today; when I do a network issue search online it suggests there isn't a problem;  the engineers that visit don't seem to know about any of the conversations I have had with people on 150; and when I call 150 there never seems to be a log of the previous conversations that would at least mean I don't have to repeatedly explain myself and be told repeatedly to check whether the cables are loose into my TiVo box.

So that's it, if it's not sorted on the 24th, it's pretty clear that it can't be fixed and I will leave. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicnoo1,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've checked out your account and I can see you have a technician booked in to fix this for you. Let us know how the appointment goes and give us a shout if you need anything else.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Nicnoo1
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,
Thanks for taking the time to message. The tv picture is worse than ever and after several frustrating telephone calls, frankly, virgin seem incapable of fixing it, so I will be taking my monthly payments elsewhere.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicnoo1,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm really sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with this and I can completely understand your frustration!

What have the technicians said when they visit? It's unusual for this kind of fault the be on-going like this.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos