Menu
Sharonw1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin moved my account from BT but did not connect thier service

After being contacted by Virgin to take up thier new service in our area we decided to make to change from BT to virgin media. 

Virgin media offered us an installation date of 29th January 2019. We waited in allday for an engineer to arrive at 5.30pm. The engineer informed us that the external install team had not been booked for our property and that this was a mistake on virgins part and that he could not complete the installation due to no cable from the road supply to our had been installed.

Whilst at our property at 5.35pm on the 29th the engineer called his supervisor to rearrange but was unable to give us a date but assured us that it would be the next day or at worst the following day. We asked if any change would be made to our existing service and the engineer confirmed that no change would be made until his work was complete and he had to physically arrange this swap over from BT broadband to The new Virgin service.

We have not had a call to rearrange and now our BT service has been taken over by Virgin at Virgins request!

We now have no internet/broadband!

We called virgin and was told that it was not thier fault and the earliest they can come  to install the new service is 8th February 2019. We have tried to explain what Virgin have done but locking up our broadband service with them but not providing any service!

We are in complete limbo and need some help.

please if anyone can help with this we would be very grateful

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin moved my account from BT but did not connect thier service

You might find you'll get a more effective response calling in (again), use the I'm thinking of leaving option.

The VM forum reps work from the oldest post up - it could be a couple of days before they get round to you.

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam 

Can you get someone to take a look at this today if possible?

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sharonw1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm really sorry to hear of this install experience. Normally all installs do take place on the time and date agreed, however on occasion, other works are needed to be carried out before we install. We do aim to get these works completed asap to minimise any inconvenience caused. 

Please also let me know how the new install goes and if you need anything further. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam 

Is this really an appropriate response to someone who's been left with no broadband?

Answers on a postcard please.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos