Menu
rimibar
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV - so far so poor

Hi everyone,

My first post on here and, sadly, a bit of a whinge to air. 

i have just joined as a Virgin customer - the 'Full Monty' you could say: broadband, TV, telephone and even 2x Virgin mobile subscriptions. 

All of the services have limitations: not supplying mesh wifi routers for their broadband is disappointing; mobile not supporting visual voicemail equally so. 

It's the TV experience that I find particularly poor however - hence this post.

I have the standard Tivo box which I find very 'laggy'. When you push a button it takes what feels like ages to react, not the immediacy that you'd hope for or expect. 

The EPG tells me more about the channels I don't subscribe to, than those I do, with no option to hide the greyed-out channels.

I had hoped that the Favourites function would get me around this, but you can't set that view as a default, instead having to click around to find it. Worse still, when you're in the favourites, you can't arrange them in the correct order - this I find really frustrating. Guys, it's all about UX - surely you can find a good interface designer to remedy this?

The physical interface of the remote control is also unintuitive, I find myself naturally hitting the biggest button on the pad - the pause button - rather than the OK I'd intended to press. I may get used to this, but worth sharing if you're a 'Virgin virgin'.

I'm not sure where to go right now, possibly to a V6 box? Is the interface any better, or quicker? The 4k feed is an attractive feature I suppose. Advice appreciated here, even if it is that I just have to put up with it. 

Thanks all, sorry for the slightly negative tone to this post. I'm paying a fair amount each month and I'd hoped that such a well-known brand would provide better tech.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV - so far so poor

If you have joined virgin on the "full monty" how have you ended up with a Tivo box and not a v6?
rimibar
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I think it was because I didn't want all of the channel subscriptions. Is the v6 a big improvement on the Tivo?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, the Tivo is really slow and laggy, you usually only get a tivo on the cheap packages