Menu
billc47
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Control no valid Virgin TV account found

My V6 box appears to be working normally (though the network diagnostic test reports a port configuration failure - I have broadband & TV but no phone). 

I successfully login to both Virgin Media app & Virgin TV Go app and all functions & features seem to work as expected.  

However the Virgin TV Control app returns a “No valid TV account found” alert.  I have restarted both the Virgin router and the Virgin V6 box but the issue persists.

Any ideas what the issue may be.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Control no valid Virgin TV account found

Hi billc47,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I can see that you've spoken with our team since your post so if there's anything else we can help you with please let me know.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MightyPrawn
Joining in
Message 3 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I have this exact same issue. Everything works apart from TV control app. Have just spent 45 minutes on the line to a technician and my phone ran out of battery while I was on hold! How do I resolve this? It's part of my service and it's not working.

0 Kudos
billc47
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I regret to say that Virgin have never resolved this issue for me.  Everything else continues to work as expected but the Virgin Control app continues to tell me that I do not have a valid Virgin TV account even though I have logged in successfully

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi MightyPrawn,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trough with the TV Control app at the moment.

I have located your account using your Forum details and I can see that you have recently called in and spoken to our second line team.

I hope this means that the issue is now resolved for you. If not pop back here and let us know so we can look into this for you.

Can advise on what device you are using and what software it is running?

Speak soon,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi billc47,

Thank you for taking the time to post back in the community.

I'm sorry to hear that we have not been able to resolve this for you.

Can you please advise what device you are using and the software version it is running?

Can you provide a screen shot of this for me so I can look into this further.

Speak soon,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
MightyPrawn
Joining in
Message 7 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louise,

Thanks for the reply. No, it's not sorted. I spent 45 minutes on the phone to technical support but then my battery ran out!

I am able to login fine to VM app (which shows my correct services) and VM Go app, but when I login to the remote control app I get the message mentioned in the OP. The options at this point are Try Again which prompts me to login again and More Info which takes me to the VM website. No other options are shown, just those 2 buttons and the message.

I have also since found out that the Sky Sports app won't let me login, saying that Sky Sports channels aren't part of my package (they are). There's clearly something that is not set up correctly in my account. I'm missing out on features and functionality as a result.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S8, but when I was talking to your technician I tried the remote control app on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy tab A) and the same message appears, so it's not device specific. I really hope someone can sort this out soon.

I look forward to hearing from you.

0 Kudos
billc47
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I am using an Apple iPad Pro 9.7 with the latest iOS 11.4

I have reinstalled the Virgin TV app several times but when I successfully login the error alert is as below

9F625C7D-7A73-41C7-B844-2CD5B212FB8E.png

0 Kudos
MightyPrawn
Joining in
Message 9 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply billc. Apologies, I've only just seen it. I hope you manage to get your issue resolved.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi MightyPrawn and billc47,

Thank you for getting back to me with the requested information.

I have sent this over to a colleague that deals with the TV Go  and TV Control to see if there are any knows issues or fixes for this. As soon as I get a reply I will pop back and let you know.

Speak soon,

Louise

Forum Team

0 Kudos