Menu
Highlighted
Adam2610
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media

Hi, I’ve been asking Virgin cable my street for 6 years now and still nothing.  I’m so fed up with BT and SKY.

I wouldn’t mind but the road adjacent to us and surrounding area are all cabled for Virgin services and within the last year a road within 200 yards away was cabled, I assume because they are bigger houses and have more money!

Thanks, looking forward to your feedback.

Adam

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media

Hi I don't think it has anything to do with big house's, it's more a case if there are enough potential customers to make it financially viable.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Adam2610
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Micky.

Ok, is their a chance of checking for my area PO7 6YS.

As I said Virgin services are all around me but just not in our couple of roads.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Adam2610 this is a public forum I am a Virgin customer trying to help others on here, hopefully you will get a reply from a virgin moderater in due course, usually 4 or 5 days, I was just pointing out the facts that are regularly posted on here relating to this subject.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Adam2610
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Micky

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adam,

Welcome to community. Thanks for posting.

Thank you for showing interest in Virgin Media. Have you already registered your interest via Cable My Street? Just click here and register. You'll get any updates as and when we get any. Get any neighbours who may also be interested to register on the same link and this will give you more of a chance of getting installed with our Project Lightning.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Renan_G

0 Kudos
Adam2610
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me.  Yes, have been asking for 6 years now as well as some of my neighbours of which I know about.

Adam

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Thanks for the info, Adam. There are some things that Virgin Media needs to consider. The cost of expanding the Virgin Media network to just a few homes far outweighs the revenue they stand to make from the connection. Every request is subject to a cost-benefit analysis to assess whether it will be possible to provide cabled services to the property or area.

Even when there are numerous properties asking to be connected, other factors can make it too expensive to provide cable to certain areas - and Virgin wouldn't be able to offer an affordable service.

Just continue showing your interest and our team will give you an update if there's any.

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers,

Renan_ G

0 Kudos