Menu
chakatee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Box keeps crashing/losing connection/error code

Hi, 

I am having continual problems with my Virgin Tivo box. It is continuously freezing/losing connection, not booting up properly and a small red light is showing sometimes next to the white powered on light. I am receiving an error code C501. I have already reported issue through the online method, but received no response in the end. I have another Tivo box in a other room as part of my account and there are no such problems with that one. I believe there is a problem with this box. There is also no sound when watching Netflix on this box. Netflix sound is fine on my other box. 

Thanking you in advance. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Box keeps crashing/losing connection/error code

Your box doesn't sound very well. I'd call Virgin and report the fault - I'm not sure what online method you've used, but the quickest way is to call 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

You could try swapping your 2 boxes around to make sure, but I suspect this will only prove it further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
chakatee
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. 

I've tried the 150 and it takes me to an automated fault diagnostic line. I have tried this 4- 5 times and nobody from Virgin Media has got back to me 😒

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The automated service can be a blessing and a curse.

In your case, when you first call you might have to play along with any remote tests the IVR attempts, this can sometimes result in the offer of an engineer visit which you should accept.

If not, then immediately redial and the IVR should offer to put you through to a faults agent. The system also tries many tricks to get you to choose "online links" or similar options - just ignore these and don't press any buttons.

Stay on the line and you should join the call queue, where a healthy dose of patience becomes the best tactic.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos