Menu
KrisB6731
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Vintage TV

Why once again, am I not able to watch Vintage TV ... You charge us a bloody fortune and do not deliver the promised service .... Maybe you should start looking after loyal customers of over 15 years instead of spending stupid amounts of money on TV advertising ..... No wonder Iam going across to Sky in the next two weeks. Terrible service and you should be ashamed.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vintage TV

you have got that all wrong and you have made yourself look silly by not checking your facts first.

vintage tv removed THEMSELVES from all platforms including sky. they are online only now. they claim being online will, 'enable us to reach a wider audience'. in other words they are struggling for money. i did hear they may go back to sky at some point.

Highlighted
NotGoodEnough
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@KrisB6731 wrote:

Why once again, am I not able to watch Vintage TV ... You charge us a bloody fortune and do not deliver the promised service .... Maybe you should start looking after loyal customers of over 15 years instead of spending stupid amounts of money on TV advertising ..... No wonder Iam going across to Sky in the next two weeks. Terrible service and you should be ashamed.

I agree. People have (or in many cases had) contracts with virgin media. It is not too much to think they might communicate with their paying customers when their channel line-up changes, regardless of reasons.

Hopefully our new communities will be more friendly and less abusive to people making valid comments.

0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@NotGoodEnough wrote:

@KrisB6731 wrote:

I agree. People have (or in many cases had) contracts with virgin media. It is not too much to think they might communicate with their paying customers when their channel line-up changes, regardless of reasons.

Hopefully our new communities will be more friendly and less abusive to people making valid comments.

Think if you take time to check the EPG when a channel is removed it states This channel is no longer available it happened recently with STV 2 and rather than blame VM a quick net search will stop you looking foolish when you post on here VM are under no obligation to inform every  customer when a channel shuts down 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I would point out that Vintage TV removed their service from Satellite (which feeds Sky & Virgin) without telling ANYONE. Their website was stating they were still available on Sky & Virgin well after they withdrew the service.

For several days Virgin put up a slate on the channel stating " this channel is having technical difficulties & is currently off air".

However it now looks as if they had just pulled the channel feed without notice. It took several days for the real explanation to appear through their Twitter feed.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/11/vintage-tv-gone-7826541/

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos