cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing upcoming ITV/Ch4 episodes through Tivo

Aero5pace
Joining in

When Ch4 or ITV advertise that upcoming episodes of a series are available on All4 or ITVHub, they don't seem to be available through Virgin Media On Demand. You can only use Catch Up to watch episodes that have already been aired. Is there a get-around or am I resigned to watching upcoming episodes of shows on my laptop?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So the All-4 & ITV-Hub branded streaming apps are available on the V6 box which runs TiVo software, but you're correct to point out these aren't on the TiVo box. While TiVo's are perfectly servicable, they are quite old now and never did support many apps due to their elderly hardware.

Some C4-boxsets are on VoD, but ITV only now support boxsets via their own app. So you've got 3 choices here..

1: Record these programmes when they're broadcast, and watch them that way

2: If you have VM broadband and would like the added facilities (and generally quicker box) that a V6 gives you, then call VM and ask about getting one. Your hand will be a lot stronger if you are out-of-contract and willing/able to renegotiate your entire package in exchange for a new 18month term.

3: Use the C4 & ITV streaming services online, as you already are.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Japitts. I thought that might be the case. I am out of contract but perhaps you can take a look at my second post on the forum, explaining how I am struggling to set up a new contract. Your advice on that post would be hugely welcome. 🙂

Hello Aero5pace

Sadly we are not able to negotiate new contracts on here 

As much as we would love to be able to 

It would be best to use the contact methods here 

Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth. Probs why I will exit Virgin Media. 🙂

Hi Aero5pace, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and we are sorry to hear you feel that way. 

If you change your mind, the team will be happy to help talk you through the packages we offer a long with the prices we offer them at. 

Take care and let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs