Menu
Gregg11001
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Very slow Tivo and Netflix

Hello,

The Tivo box in our home has again got very slow- it did speed up slightly after your update, but now back to being annoyingly snail like. Also, Netflix is stuttering when being viewed, slow to load and keeps losing the network connection- making us have to go through the re connection process, which rarely works.  Same whether on WIFI or hard wired.  The Tivo box is left switched on at night, but TV is off.  We have done the turn it all off things but still slow.

What else can I do, please ??.

We have a VD box in our other room. This is working perfectly, and is far faster and easier to use than this Tivo, in every way. TV and VD box both turned off at night,

Thanks

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow Tivo and Netflix

Hello Gregg11001,

Thanks for letting us know about this on the community.

What I would like to do here is to arrange for a technician to take a look at your TiVo® box so I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Gregg11001
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

All the same faults are here again.  Netflix is unconnectable from tv remote- I have to get it via Fire TV stick.  Tivo is basically junk.

I tried to get through to customer services on ;

0800 052 0422

0345045401111, 150 and 151

Each time I get a recorded voice with NON of the options relating to me.

How do I get a V6 replacement box ?

My 18 month contract expires this month and unless I can get an actual person to talk to me, then I may be away elsewhere.

Please help me sort this out asap.

Thanks

Greg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Greg,

Sorry to hear this has happened again.

I'd like to get this arranged for you so I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Gregg11001
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hiya Rose,

Thank you for your help once again.

Re above faults;- 

I  will be shot of the old Tivo box (next Thursday).  I have ordered 2 x V6 boxes and been given an upgrade to Full House on the tv.  A friend demonstrated the V6 to me, with very quick connection to Netflix. Far better.

Will see what that brings.

Thanks again,

Greg  ::-)

0 Kudos