cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very bad pixelation

an1063
Dialled in

This is making both live and recorded TV unwatchable. 
picture break up is severe and worse in the evening. 
I’ve tried rebooting several times and checked all connections which are sound. 

streaming via Roku is ok so I know it’s not a problem with the tv. 

Hoping VM can get an engineer visit organised asap please? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I thought you probably meant that.. it's always tickled me when people refer to "normal channels" or suchlike, I've never been able to work out what makes a channel "not normal" but hey ho....

I refer you to post-2 in this thread for the answer to your issues. If it's been this long and you've not heard any follow-up, VM probably think your issues are resolved.

I'd report them again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi an1063,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've had with your Tv service. 

I have located your account and taken a look at your service. It looks as though an auto attempt was done to fix an issue.

Would you be able to check your TV service to see if there has been any change?

^Martin

Thanks Martin 

Ive watched over the last few days and although there is a slight improvement the picture still breaks up continuously. 

can you arrange an engineer visit please?

Anytime within reason  

Thanks 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for keeping us updated on this an1063 - I will contact you via PM so we can get the engineer visit arranged. Just look out for the purple envelope icon and we'll take it from there.

Tom 

Hi can we get a quick resolution to this please?

Currently terrestrial TV is unwatchable!

Ive been checking service status for the area(15) and their appear to have a been a few issues recently.

Hopefully we can arrange an engineer visit asap.

thanks Andy

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@an1063 wrote:

Currently terrestrial TV is unwatchable

Terrestrial TV, otherwise known as Freeview, is fed through your TV aerial and has nothing to do with Virgin. I presume you mean that some of the channels you're having problems with, are the Free-to-view ones, but can you confirm? Specific examples of channels may help ID an issue too.

@an1063 wrote:

Ive been checking service status for the area(15) and their appear to have a been a few issues recently.

How are you checking the service status? The online page often lists issues totally unrelated to TV signal faults and I'd recommend using the automated line instead - 0800 5610061.

@japitts

I should apologise and clarify.....

I'm referring to the picture quality provided by the VM cable service/ TIVO box.

ie accessing the standard VM channels via the remote control 'guide' button.

ITV seems particularly bad but this applies to all channels via the box.

I'm checking the service status via the VM homepage 'check service status' button.

At present we can only watch via our Rocku stick using iPlayer although this only a watch again service not live TV.

VM previously were in the process of arranging an engineer visit which I'm still waiting for.

I've attached a few screen shots for information..

thanks

IMG_9987.JPGIMG_9983.JPG

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I thought you probably meant that.. it's always tickled me when people refer to "normal channels" or suchlike, I've never been able to work out what makes a channel "not normal" but hey ho....

I refer you to post-2 in this thread for the answer to your issues. If it's been this long and you've not heard any follow-up, VM probably think your issues are resolved.

I'd report them again.

Thanks for coming back to us @an1063.

I have looked into your TV services and we would need to get a technician booked, I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L