Menu
Gourza84
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Very Slow Tivo! Enough is enough!!

I am getting sick to the back teeth with the unacceptably slow and sluggish Tivo service! Constant 10-15 second buffering delays when flicking through screens and menus. For the money I pay each month, I at least expect my service to be smooth!

I was told in about September last year that the signal I was receiving to my Tivo box was too high and therefore causing the issues. I had an engineer come out to rectify and he even changed my box to a new one. Things were ok for a short while and guess what...its started again.

Can you please sort this out! It is totally unacceptable service! My old V+ box I have in another room in the house is way faster than my Tivo box!!  

As you can see from the video uploaded, it takes just under a minute and a half just to load a recorded program, stop it and then delete it! 

vircom
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very Slow Tivo! Enough is enough!!

You should not have to do it but you could try the following every day or 2.

Permanently delete all deleted recordings.

Clear the cache. Thumbs up, Thumbs down then Play, Play.

From the Settings menu, Clear all thumbs and suggestions, even if you have them disabled.

Then once a week turn the box off and back on.

I'm not sure whether these steps are all necessary, but the above seams to keep my Tivo working at a crawl rather than a snail's pace most of the time.
0 Kudos
Gourza84
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice - however, I do the Thumbs up Thumbs down thing a few times a week and it barely makes much difference. I dont however wish to delete my recordings as I am not home much and therefore look forward to a good catch up when I get home.

As you said, its not something we should have to do so I want to see what Virgin's answer is (sighs)
0 Kudos
petecoss
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Over the last week our TiVo box has started to go slow with the streaming circle coming on when wanting to view a recorded program, the result being it takes 15 to 20 seconds to bring up a program instead of being instantaneous. The change is so noticeable and very annoying.  May try the above solution to see it that helps.

Gourza84
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice, however, we shouldnt have to do work arounds to get good use out of our boxes. VM obviously dont care and when I called up during the week thats the impression I got. All they wanted me to do and suggest I do is upgrade my box to the V6 box and pay the £100 and additional £15 connection fee. Ive been a loyal VM customer for as far back as I can remember. May have to look into Sky as VM dont value their existing customers.
vircom
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Loyalty, or rather lack of it, cuts both ways. If another supplier better meets your needs, leave. You can always go back to VM in a year and get V6 plus new customer discounts. If you wait for VM to change their business model you could be in for a very long wait.
0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

great evidence....I have the same problem with my tivo box....and the "thumbs down solution" doesnt help
0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

except most people are on loyalty contracts.....we agree to be loyal and they take our money, and they agree to what....?

0 Kudos