Menu
Pip7378
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VM on my street

How do I found out when (if ever) virgin will install cables on my street? Sick of having to settle for 2nd rate muppets for my fibre & having to pay sky for my tv grrrrrr

postcodes OL163HD 

0 Kudos
Ricmcdermott
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM on my street

If it is an old street, your probably looking at years, if it’s not in the plans for this year, as I believe virgin are not doing anymore infills on old street just now and concentrating more on new build houses(street) 

0 Kudos
Pip7378
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My estates 10yrs old if that so NO it’s not an old house or street

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The budget for infill projects (LA adopted streets in areas where adjacent streets are cabled) is now exhausted & no more are likely to be considered until 2020 - 2021

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pip7378,
Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed. As much as we would love to be able to install everybody, sometimes it's just not possible. 
We already have a full 2019 roll out planned as well as some of 2020 for new areas and New Builds too but we won't be doing any more in-filling now as mentioned by nodrogd above. . 
I can double check to see if your area is in the plans for this year although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pip7378,

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via private message. 
I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pip7378, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I waited to hear back from the team. 

They have advised: This looks to be planned in 2017 but is not approved to progress.

Apologies but there are no plans to make this one active. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos