Menu
dapek
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

V6 upgrade

If I upgrade to V6 from TiVo do I get to keep the old TiVo box and will it still be usable? I can rise to the challenge of connecting it to my TV with a HDMI cable.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 upgrade

If you make arrangements to keep the TiVo and pay the additional charge of £7.50 per month, you can certainly keep your TiVo.

You will, however, need an additional co-ax point installed to connect it if you don’t have a spare one to use. If this requires installing, there may be a charge for the engineer visit.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

vircom
Super solver
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

None of the Virgin boxes will work without a coax connection to the Virgin Network. Unless you want to pay extra for an additional box make sure you watch all your old recordings before upgrading as the Tivo will be deactivated when the new V6 is activated.
0 Kudos
dapek
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for this. But I don't understand about the "co-ax point" - I only want to use the old box as a playback machine because I've a lot of recordings (films and episodes of Nashville!) I haven't had time to watch. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi what the other posts are telling you is that it won't work unless it's connected properly and paid for, as if the V6 is an upgrade your old box will be decommissioned and cease to work.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
vircom
Super solver
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unfortunately the old box will not work at all once it is deactivated, Only use would be as a door stop. If yoy want to watch any of your existing recordings, you have 3 choices.

1 Watch them before getting the new V6.

2. Transfer your recordings yo DVD using the SCART output from the Tivo.

3. Ask if you can pay extra for one or two months to keep the old Tibo active while you watch them.

Depending on what you want to keep, you may be able to rerecord some again or watch them from catch up. If you want a permanent copy, best to buy the DVD, then you are protcted against hard disk failure etc.
0 Kudos
BriMay1
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

is this possible?

" Transfer your recordings yo DVD using the SCART output from the Tivo."

0 Kudos
9765Paul
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's a real shame that the off-shore call centre aren't aware of this. The wad of paperwork that comes with the V6 box doesn't explain it clearly. I was going to re-use the box, I'll just use Freesat  or Freeview for my second TV. I feel that £7.50 a month on top of what we're already paying is expensive compared to the effort required for them to add it on to an existing account. I'm waiting for a call from a "supervisor", I have a feeling that it won't happen.

If some one at Virgin would like to contact me and discuss the attitude I received from your call centre operative, Steven. He was not willing to listen and did not suggest a resolution, such as the £7.50. He refused to put me through to a supervisor, saying it wasn't possible.

Every time either myself or my wife try to speak to someone to resolve issues we always seem to have difficulty getting the call centre to understand. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi 9765Paul, 

Thank for getting in touch. 

I am really sorry for your recent experience with our team and would love to see what we can do to help you. 

I have sent you a private message in order to discuss the account in more detail, please reply when you can. 

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
9765Paul
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Supervisor did call, all sorted now thanks