Menu
haynes77
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 box poor picture quality

PLEASE HELP - we are only 3 weeks into our new 12 month VIP contract and the picture quality (especially Sky channels) is awful compared to Sky.  It is as if we do NOT have HD, ie not clear/sharp at all.  I have rang Customer Services 3 times now, the last time being told all the tests seem fine and to wait 48 hrs for the local area to be checked out for known issues.  Nothing has changed and I am deeply regretting leaving Sky now.  We expected the picture quality to be on par if not better than Sky. 

NB:  the engineer that came out the 2nd time (after a bodged initial installation) said the signal was very poor but then wouldn't answer the question as to why, except that it MAY be the box!

Any advice welcome!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box poor picture quality

Hi haynes77,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear about what's happened.

I can see that you've spoken with the team since your post so if there's anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
haynes77
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose

2 Virgin Media engineers (not sub contractors) came out on Saturday and 'tweeked' the signal sent from the box in the street (approx 50 metres away) but the Sky channels are no better I'm afraid.  They did what they could, all-be-it the more knowledgable one (I think the other was in training) seemed shocked at the cable set up around the box (there is hardly one continuous cable) but then failed to do anything about this!  When I said the Sky channels, especially Sky Sports HD (the main reason for having the VIP package) were no better, he just suggested getting a new high speed HDMI cable but, having removed the TV from the wall to try a 2 metre long Virgin HDMI cable he had with him, there was absolutely no difference whatsoever. 

From looking at other posts on this forum, it seems most people have found the picture quality to be unacceptable but no-one from VM gives a straight answer as to why.  I suspect this is a known problem that VM customer services have been told to keep under their hat but where does that leave customers like myself, who expected as good as Sky if not better?

As we are less than a month into our 12 month contract, what are our cancellation rights please as I don't think I can spend the next 11 months or so watching an inferior quality picture?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi haynes77,

Thanks for your reply.

I can only apologies that you're unhappy with the picture quality but if you wish to cancel then you would need to speak with our disconnection team who will be able to discuss this with you further.

You can reach the disconnection team by calling 150 free from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos