Menu
Highlighted
cheetah
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 BOX

I am getting fed up with this window popping up on our television informing us this is an old type of virgin box , we got this box 2 years ago and it works just fine for us .

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 BOX

if you are using a old box the message is warning you it will stop working. and you need to upgrade to a tivo or V6

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@apcyberax wrote:
if you are using a old box the message is warning you it will stop working. and you need to upgrade to a tivo or V6

No, it isn't. Though it implies otherwise.

They're running an offer at the minute to replace one V HD or V+ HD box per household with a V6 free of charge. However it's been poorly implemented as the link takes you through My Virgin Media which as we know is notorious for messing up packages and charging ridiculous prices. I would suggest that if you want a replacement, ring 150 and use the "thinking of leaving us" option to speak to Customer Services/Retentions and they should be able to get a new box sent out. However if you've not renewed your contract for a couple of years I'd take the opportunity to negotiate a new deal and get your package cost down.

The boxes are not being withdrawn yet, when this happens you'll get a letter that will set out a clear deadline for when the equipment is to be decommissioned, and the V6 order process will be simpler.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
cheetah
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks that makes sense we won,t bother until Virgin decommission our box and then obviously we will be forced to give it up .
0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Out of curiosity, how often does the message display? I have one of the affected boxes, but it hasn't been hit with this yet. Just wondering what I'm going to be up against. No doubt it will get more frequent as well as time goes on.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
cheetah
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media did eventually get fed up and the pop up on the television stopped but they sent us a letter confirming the threat to stop our services so we had little choice but to accept the offer of the new equipment .

We received the new equipment 7 days later it arrived 23rd Jan 2019 we put off installing it and then on 28th Jan 2019 we woke in the morning to find no broadband services and the tv only had one channel available which was BBC1.

We had little choice but to install it but our printer does not work.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@cheetah wrote:

We had little choice but to install it but our printer does not work.

As you have been advised elsewhere, your printer is not working because you haven’t taken action to tell the printer it needs to speak to a different WiFi name.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
cheetah
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Dur ! we know that smart Alec ! go and give useless advice to someone else.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@cheetah wrote:
Dur ! we know that smart Alec ! go and give useless advice to someone else.

You really don’t want help, do you? You have been given ALL the advice you need to fix your problem and you choose not to act on it and simply show attitude to those that have given you that help.

Good bye. You don’t deserve help.

Use Kudos to say thanks