cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless

Desperado10
Tuning in

so they replace one 10 year old Tivo box after two weeks without it ( yet to be recompensed). Once that is started it then kills off the other two boxes contrary to what I was told by the engineer and two phone calls ( combined waiting time of 90 minutes ).

I haven't got time to call them again and there is no email.

This is the worst company to deal with in the world.

What do i do?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Let's check the basics here of what's actually happened.. and I'm making a few educated guesses, but do please fill in the gaps!!

You had a fault with your TiVo and it was deemed as needing replacing, most likely with a V6 (much better box but running the same software) - check the photos here if you're not sure.

I would guess that you've then had some Error-7400 equipment activation errors on your remaining TV boxes or broadband, that will need VM intervention to resolve.

VM don't have any email contact, but faults staff do respond on here and can often resolve issues - but they need to be clear on what the issue is. Can you clarify?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Desperado10, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear that a recent tech visit resulted in your TiVo box being replaced. 

Taking a look at things here, we can see only TiVo boxes on the account so the codes should match up. 

• What error message are you getting on your box? 
  • Is this happening on all channels?

It may be a case that you need to call again to get this resolved I'm afraid. 

Please keep us posted. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Great idea I'd never thought of.

Problem is I have a day job and my employer gets a bit **bleep** off when I spend 80-90 minutes hanging on the phone only for some rude person at Virgin to then put the phone down on me when I politely complain about the service.

Obvs they are **bleep** off working there as get so many complaints.

I had 3 boxes, I eventually got a new which when I connected it blew the other two up.

Please replace the 2 old boxes. How hard is that? Am still paying for a service I dont get. I call that theft.

Desperado10
Tuning in

The final insult. Having spent 3 weeks now trying to get my 3 tv boxes all working and failing miserably some cheeky exec on this site suggests calling them.What a joker. My wife and I have now spent the equivalent of a whole day waiting to talk to someone. Twice I've had the phone put down on me ( and I hadn't started to talk! ) the rest either don't solve it or give conflicting advice. I receive no compensation for loss of service and nothing is fixed. I would move to Sky but the planners won't let me have a dish. What am i meant to do?

Hey Desperado10, thank you for reaching back out and I am sorry to hear about your TV issues.

I would like to look at what has been happening via a PM.

Please can you look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?