Menu
Janetak
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Urgent Credit file amendment

I am about to move house and I had an outstanding virgin media debt which I have paid in full but it is affecting my credit score/reference check.

vrigin mobile bill

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Urgent Credit file amendment

Have you sent the details to credit amendments at VM?

0 Kudos
Janetak
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I have informed the credit file amendment team that I have paid the money in full but I don’t know when they are going to reply me or resolve the issue. I have 6weeks to move out of my house, so I need to pass my reference check but I have not been able to get any credit because they  keep telling me virgin media have a note on my credit file.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

In that case, forward the evidence to whichever credit reference company has the alleged debt on file, and ask for it to be removed, or marked as settled WHEN it WAS settled.. You may still run into issues if its an old debt which has recently been settled.

Not the correct procedure, but  worth covering all bases....I would also do a recorded delivery to the snail mail address with a covering letter and copies of  all the evidence you have. Covering letter should point out "time is of the essence" and give a say 2 week time-frame you need it resolved in.

AT that point, time for some decent legal advice.

0 Kudos