Menu
Lego-Head
Joining in
Message 1 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading from TIVO Box to V6 box

We have been experiencing a glitch with our tiro box in that it seems to stutter for example we are watching a programme and it stops and then has a groundhog day and steps back or jumps forward and we either see the last couple of minutes again or we miss a segment of the programme.

My question really is this, is there an opportunity for me to upgrade to the new V6 box, has anyone managed to do this yet?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 44
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrading from TIVO Box to V6 box

All customers can upgrade to V6 for a one-off charge. It sounds like you have a signal issue which would be addressed when the engineer comes to install your V6, should you decide to upgrade.

Lego-Head
Joining in
Message 3 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this update. How much is the one off payment?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 44
Flag for a moderator

It's either £64.94 or £114.94, dependent on what level of TV and broadband you have.

0 Kudos
Lego-Head
Joining in
Message 5 of 44
Flag for a moderator

My package is Mix (M+) TV, Vivid 100 optical fibre and cal weekends telephone.  Is tis enough info to advise me what the cost to me would be?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 44
Flag for a moderator

You would pay the standard, higher price. You need to have TV XL aka Full House TV and 200Mb BB for the lower price.

0 Kudos
Catherine88
Dialled in
Message 7 of 44
Flag for a moderator

I logged into my account to look at the upgrade options (because our TiVO is running like a bag of spanners atm) and not only is there a one-off cost £64.94, but the package increases by £41.41 per month!  For us, that's just not worth the money.  If you don't have a lot of disposable income, I'd rather spend it on more important bills.  That's a fair wack of money per month to pay out. 

Check your upgrade link in your account to check.

Catherine

Lego-Head
Joining in
Message 8 of 44
Flag for a moderator

thanks I will do that now.  You are right, it's a lot of money for the service

0 Kudos
RayVonGeezer
Joining in
Message 9 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Regarding the one-off price, when I log into my VM account and click through to the box upgrade option, I don't get a one-off option.  Yesterday the price was an additional £41 a month for a total of £117pm plus a 60 quid setup fee , today it's an additional £29.29 a month for a total of £125.39pm and a £15 setup fee.

I'm on Full House (XL) TV with one Tivo box and one V+ box, with Vivid 150 broadband, and no discounts listed on my bill.

Any ideas why I'm not being offered the one-off upgrade?  VM seems to be creating a lot of confusion with this.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Catherine88
Dialled in
Message 10 of 44
Flag for a moderator

That's bizarre @RayVonGeezer, how on earth can it change from one day to the next!  Off to have a look at mine again and see what it's coming up with. 

0 Kudos