cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade tivo box to v6

Tictac18
Tuning in

I currently have a V6 box as my primary unit, with a TIVO box in another room.  How can I upgrade the Tivo to another V6?  Can't find anywhere on web site about upgrading box only (not package/bundle).  Calling 150 has no options that seem relevant;  three times I was disconnected after 20min with their horrible music blaring out at me.   

HELP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There won't be an option on the IVR that accounts for every specific scenario, but your best option is to use the "I have a fault" option and ask them about getting your TiVo upgraded to a V6.

If your TiVo is faulty, then it'll be swapped to a V6 as a matter of course - but you've not mentioned any issues with it.

Be aware CS may try a sales pitch on your converting to TV360. If they do, then please be very clear before accepting - TV360 is fundamentally not TiVo/V6 and there are substantial differences. You'll also lose the hard drive on your second box if you convert immediately.

In short - if you're offered TV360 then be clear about what you're accepting. If you just want to upgrade TiVo to V6 (which is entirely sensible), then "be aware".

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There won't be an option on the IVR that accounts for every specific scenario, but your best option is to use the "I have a fault" option and ask them about getting your TiVo upgraded to a V6.

If your TiVo is faulty, then it'll be swapped to a V6 as a matter of course - but you've not mentioned any issues with it.

Be aware CS may try a sales pitch on your converting to TV360. If they do, then please be very clear before accepting - TV360 is fundamentally not TiVo/V6 and there are substantial differences. You'll also lose the hard drive on your second box if you convert immediately.

In short - if you're offered TV360 then be clear about what you're accepting. If you just want to upgrade TiVo to V6 (which is entirely sensible), then "be aware".

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the response.   I had tried to get through on the phone earlier, but it kept disconnecting me.    However,  I eventually got through on the telephone, and having been being passed around 3 separate departments they finally agreed to replace the TIVO box for the V6.  But it's like getting blood out of a stone - over an hour on the phone, with at least 40 mins listening to their godawful music.  And yes, they did try to fob me off with the TV360 which I definitely don't want.  But it has now been sorted.  Just hope that there are no problems getting the new box up and running.  

Mr_K
Well-informed

I tried to get my old extra tivo box exchanged for a V6. All they would offer is the 360 set up. I declined, more cons than pros for me.