Menu
Highlighted
Mark581
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade message

Hi Virgin Media team. I am getting a message on my tv saying my box should be updated and to get in touch with you. Would i be charged for a replacement box or does my monthly bill go up?

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade message

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for posting on our community forum page. It's great to hear from you. 

We're currently in the process of replacing Samsung V+ boxes with our new V6 box. 

You will be able to upgrade your box through the link here: www.virginmedia.com/getyourv6

There won't be any charge for the new box and your monthly bundle amount will remain the same. 

I trust you find this information helpful, and please let me know if we can offer you any further assistance going forward. 

Kind regards,

Dean C

0 Kudos
mhwvm
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I just called to request a new TV box, as instructed by the letter I received (because if I don't, “...some of the services will start to be turned off. But don't worry, we'll send you a free upgrade to our clever TiVo box... ”.)

Apparently, because I'm on a package that is no longer being sold, I must upgrade to the new package, at additional cost, before I can get the "free" TiVo box that Virgin Media requested I do.

Surely this isn't fair!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi mhwvm, 

Welcome  to our community forums!

If you have a VHD or V+ set top box, the upgrade should be free with no additional charges.

I have sent your a private message in order to discuss this further with you, please look out for the purple envelope at the top of the page. 

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos