cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade box

Sarahp5698
Joining in

I have 2 TiVo boxes and I can’t get Netflix or prime through box as they are older boxes. I can only get them on the one tv with Ethernet cable from router to smart tv. The other tv isn’t smart tv or near router. My contract deal comes to an end in August, can I get better boxes before then or do I have to wait until I renew contract. If I can get them, how on earth do I speak to someone about it as I’m going round in circles on website/ app trying to find a way to contact about this specific subject. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Sarahp5698 

You can recontract at any time, however it may be better to wait until you are in the 30 day period before your price increases as you will have better leverage for higher discounts and a box swap.

The agent will probably try and get you to take the newer 360 box.  Some people (myself included really like it) others are not so impressed with it when compared to the TIVO/V6 boxes as it's run on different firmware and doesn't have all the functions of the V6/TIVO boxes.

This thread explains some of the differences <<< here >>>  Once you switch to a 360 you can't go back to TIVO/V6 boxes if you aren't happy.

I suggest that if you do want to convert to the 360 that you first swap out your TIVO box for another V6 box, the reason being is that if you do a straight swap from a TIVO box to a 360 then you will receive a 360 mini box which doesn't have a hard drive. If you swap the TIVO for a V6 then you can convert to 360 afterwards and still have access to both hard drives.

EDIT - When calling about a box swap/renegotiate your price, call 150 from your VM landline and select option 4 (thinking of leaving) they have better offers than regrades.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to add, and so that you're a bit more informed when you do call in.. there's photos of the different boxes here 

TiVo & V6 both run the same software you're used to.

V6 & TV360 are the same hardware but very different software - a similar comparison is Android vs iOS.

I would absolutely recommend upgrading your TiVo to a V6 for now, and then - if you do decide to convert to TV360, it's a software swap.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sarahp5698,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

We're unable to perform package changes (upgrades, downloads, cancellations) from here on the community forums, but if you contact our retentions department on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) they can discuss offers and options with you.

As has been mentioned in this thread, you can call to discuss a package change at any point during your contract term, but if you're looking to upgrade it would probably be best to wait until there's at least 30 days left in your current term and see what offers we currently have available at that point.

Let us know if there's anything more that we can help you out with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!