cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to speak with customer service

MrsSpooner
Joining in

Why is it impossible to speak with an actual human being in customer service?

We have been trying  to contact customer services for weeks/months with no avail. 

We have had our vergin box for over 8 years, for the past 10+ months it has been making a humming/buzzing noise continuously. The box keeps crashing and popping up error codes. We have reboot the box on a regular basis. Considering our monthly tariff increaes on a regular basis, i dont feel we are receiving the service thats required. 

Please someone give me a number i can call to sort this. If this problem is unable to be resolved I will be forced to cancel my contract and go else where. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Kind regards 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't believe for a moment that it is impossible, to be honest. Call queues are vastly improved on a few months ago, for one. If you're struggling this much, then have you tried calling at different times, perhaps first thing at 8am or mid-afternoon? Those are times when I suspect queues may be lower, although I'm not suggesting that based on any official advice.

The only published number to call VM on, is 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone)

VM staff respond to posts on here, but it may take a few days. If you did want to go down the cancellation route, then you'll either need to call the same number or write in by post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi MrsSpooner,

Sorry to see you are having problems with your box making a humming/buzzing noise continuously.

Is the box in the clear and well ventilated?

You say the  box keeps crashing and popping up error codes.

If you can advise what the error codes are we may be able to help/advise.

When you reboot the box does it fix the above problems?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MrsSpooner

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the issues you are experiencing with your box, I'm sorry to hear that you are having these problems.

I'd like to take a look at your account and check what is going on with the box. I was unable to locate your account so I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner.

Best wishes,

Serena