Menu
martyp
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to record a show using app on my Tivo?

I wanted to record a programme using TV control on my Galaxy S8 (9 - Pie). It's on channel 5 Sunday afternoon about McDonalds. It keeps coming up saying there is a problem communicating with the DVR yet in the TV control app I can see all my shows and planned recordings fine. I also tried restarting the box from settings, reloaded the APP and everything. I tried recording on normal channel 5, HD and +1 and all the same yet I can record the programmes before and after it fine?

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to record a show using app on my Tivo?

Is it possible that it is a repeat and that you previously recorded it?  Check your recordings

0 Kudos
martyp
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't seen the programme before and checked through my recordings and couldn't see it in there. I was able to set it to record on the TiVo directly with no problems.

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Assuming you have a TiVo rather than a V6, have you connected it to the hub via ethernet? 

0 Kudos
martyp
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes it's connected via ethernet. It's always worked fine before. Just thought it might have been some kind of weird bug that it just won't record that particular programme.

0 Kudos