cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reboot box

jimc99
On our wavelength

Hello

I have a Virgin Tivo box and yesterday while I was in the TV menu setting a recording of a later programme the box suddenly froze completely - I waited for several minutes but nothing happened so I switched the box off at the wall socket to reboot it. When it was switched back on the following sequence of lights appeared on the front of the box -

Viewing the box from face on there was initially one green light on the left side and one red light on the right - these stayed on for 30 seconds and were replaced by two red lights (left side) and one red light on right side. These stayed on for 6 seconds and were replaced by a very quick flash of seven lights ( 3 - left; 4 - right) and then the whole "3 series of lights" was repeated endlessly with the box never coming to life. I have checked all the cables and I have rebooted the box many times both yesterday and today but the same result as previously described always happens but the box remains "dead".

Does this pattern of lights mean anything to anybody? I would be very grateful for any advice which would enable me to get my TV service up and running again. 

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Jim Crichton 

10 REPLIES 10

No problem at all, please do reach out in the near future if you do ever need anything. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?