Menu
dgxpert
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to program TiVo remote to control TV

I've just replaced my Samsung TV with an LG so need to re-program my TiVo remote so the volume buttons etc can control the TV.

The instructions say hold down the Clear and TV buttons together until the LED on the remote flashes green twice. But when I hold down Clear and TV together after about 2 seconds the remote gives a single red flash and doesn't go into programming mode.

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to program TiVo remote to control TV

Hi dgxpert,

The remote will flash red only once when it detects a button press on your remote.

I would recommend trying again and ensure both buttons are fully depressed for a little longer to ensure enough time has passed to expect the green light to have flashed.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
dgxpert
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I still can't get the TiVo remote to go in to programming mode. Holding down the Clear + TV buttons together still produces the same long red flash after a couple of seconds.

I've kept the buttons held down several times for a couple of minutes. After the long red flash nothing else happens.

I've also tried pressing one of the buttons fractionally before the other (both Clear first, and TV first). The remote does the usual quick red flash to acknowledge each button press then after a couple of seconds it does the same long red flash as before.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to drop you a PM so we can discuss this further.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dgxpert
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom

I can't reply to your private message. It errors you don't have private messages enabled.

0 Kudos