Menu
BR42
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unable to bring forward cable re-pull after Virgin messed up initial work.

Virgin had originally arranged for construction work to be conducted on 10th October for a cable re-pull. The construction work had not been booked in so the work was rescheduled by Virgin to 19th November The lengthy delays were blamed on local authority permits for digging up the road.

After intervention from forum the construction work was completed yesterday, (16th October) without the need for any digging up of the pavement. I tried to get the re-pull brought forward but was told by the technical team the system would not allow this. I asked to speak with a supervisor without success. 

Effectively I will have to wait 3 months to have new cabling if this cannot be brought forward. The only reason for the lengthy delays being construction which has not needed any permits and has been completed earlier.

Brad Rehling, account holder

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to bring forward cable re-pull after Virgin messed up initial work.

3 months for a repull would be unusual. The repull teams are thinner on the ground than the individual techs & can have to cover several cable franchise areas, so between 2 & 4 weeks is not unusual.

Hopefully the Forum Team may be able to chase this to be done before the end of the year when a big backlog normally occurs.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos