cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two recording boxes

dartguru
Dialled in

Hi. I've read through the various descriptions of types of accounts and can't see either of my questions answered.

I have a house with two separate lounges (one used by elderly parents). I want VM available in both rooms but would like the parents to have an independent box/recorder so that they can record, watch and delete their own old-people programs, without it interfering with our own recording, playback and deleting.  

It doesn't appear as if I can do this. Is that correct?

Additionally, rather than starting a second thread, we haven't moved into the house yet (should complete on it next week), at what point can I contact VM to arrange a connection ? Obviously they cant attend before we complete, but is the turnaround time for installation (and broadband connection) quite quick these days?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've posted in the TiVo forum, but are your parents existing VM TV customers? It matters...

All new TV-installs now, are to TV360 which is fundamentally not TiVo. On TV360 you only have one master-box, any additional multiroom boxes are minis that don't have hard drives of their own and slave from the master for all recording.

If your parents have either TiVo or V6 boxes currently, then what you want to do is entirely possible and exactly what multiroom does. Each box is fully independent with its own storage, but can multiroom stream in both directions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've posted in the TiVo forum, but are your parents existing VM TV customers? It matters...

All new TV-installs now, are to TV360 which is fundamentally not TiVo. On TV360 you only have one master-box, any additional multiroom boxes are minis that don't have hard drives of their own and slave from the master for all recording.

If your parents have either TiVo or V6 boxes currently, then what you want to do is entirely possible and exactly what multiroom does. Each box is fully independent with its own storage, but can multiroom stream in both directions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That's a shame. That would be one feature up on the opposition. Looks like i might have to cope with a drive full of Antiques Roadshow after all.