cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv remote - Home , 4 and 5 buttons not working

Psjc1
Tuning in

Had all sorts of issues with wifi broadband and wifi yesterday - after an hour on phone with Virgin they fixed it - seems no coincidence that today the tv remote is not working . 
wasn’t working at all , but after switching off TiVo box and tv , and pressing clear and TV buttons simultaneously, now all work except Home, no 4 and 5 .

unfortunately our pin includes one of these numbers , so can’t watch any of our shows requiring a pin . Can’t change pin without putting in old pin which we can’t when the buttons don’t work ! 
any  ideas how to fix remote ,or change pin online without using remote ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can order a replacement remote using https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app 

Check the obvious that it's not a battery issue.

Otherwise - you can use the TV Control app as a temporary workaround. If you have a V6, then you just need to have your device connected to the same network as the V6. If you have a TiVo, then you'll need to run an Ethernet cable from the box to your homehub.

The 2 boxes are shown here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can order a replacement remote using https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app 

Check the obvious that it's not a battery issue.

Otherwise - you can use the TV Control app as a temporary workaround. If you have a V6, then you just need to have your device connected to the same network as the V6. If you have a TiVo, then you'll need to run an Ethernet cable from the box to your homehub.

The 2 boxes are shown here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Psjc1

Thanks for posting!

Have you managed to order the replacement remote as of yet?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs