cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv constantly pixillating

lindash
Tuning in

We are having constant problems with pixilation. First thought it was a problem with our television but have now swapped it for another and the problem is just as persistent. Almost unwatchable at times. Happens mainly on bbc and itv channels but also on Dave and others. It doesn’t happen when watching Netflix. Any advice would be very welcome. We are desperate to try and sort this out for Christmas. 
many thanks

Linsa

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Linsa,

Does the pixelation still occur after restarting your set top box?

If it keeps occuring then it  indicates there's a fault causing your poor TV signal.  This could be due to your wiring. Have you checked it's snug and tight with no kinks?

You can call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option2 faults but best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When phoning, ignore the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support.

If you don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone.

They should be able to arrange an engineer visit so they can check the cabling internal and external and fine tune the signals. The engineer will carry a spare set top box if he decides one is needed.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'll add my standard advice with pixellation queries too...

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

OnDemand & streaming services use the internet rather than broadcast TV, so are usually unaffected.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

Given the time between now and Christmas, I would recommend calling in and not waiting for an answer on here - that may come too late for a tech visit before Christmas.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

lindash
Tuning in

Thank you both for your quick replies. Rebooting didn’t help and it has been going on for some time so doubt it is an area fault but will check. I will have to try and call when I get home from work. I have always found calling an extremely difficult process. On hold for a very long time and then the line cuts off. This has happened a number of times in the past. 
thank you again for your help. You know what I will be doing this evening. 😁

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @lindash

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

As a few days have passed since your original post, how are things looking ?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi 

thanks for checking in. I contacted the helpdesk and they ran their tests and asked me to monitor it for 24 hours. Actually had no sound at all after the testing. Sound came back in the 24 hour period but picture as bad as ever. Actually have a technician due to arrive between 4 and 7pm today! Fingers crossed we will be back up and running tonight. 
thanks for help. 

Thank you for that information lindash.

Please do keep us posted on how this goes.

^Martin

Hi Martin 

the problem is now fixed. They have replaced the box with a new one. Thanks again for all the help. 

Thanks for coming back to us @lindash with the update and I'm glad to hear that your issues have been resolved.

Please let us know if you have any further problems.

Regards,

Steven_L