cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv box keeps going off

Sha05ron
Joining in

The tv box just keeps going off ,no tv access this has happened 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I switch the box off and on again but makes no difference 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you saying that your TiVo is restarting? It's fault if so. No TV box should be restarting anything more than occasionally and even then, overnight.

Given the time of year, I would strongly recommend calling into faults to report this - 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. You're pushing it very fine for the inevitable engineer visit that this will probably need for swapping the box out.

You may be waiting several days for a response on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sha05ron

Welcome to the community!. Thanks for getting in touch.
I have located your account but can't see any immediate issues with our set top box.
Is the box fully rebooting on it's own or are you loosing connection to channels? For example if you're watching On demand or streaming channels do you get a connection lost message? Or is it happening on live channels from the TV guide rather than apps?

If you see any error codes or messages at all please let us know as that will be helpful too. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley