cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv box keeps freezing

goodgep
Just joined

Hi my virgin tv box (not sure what sort TiVo or 360) keeps freezing and I have to keep switching it off from the box to restart become annoying. Would like it sorted or I will smash it 👍🏻

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi goodgep,

The picture below shows the 3 different VM boxes. 

If you have a 360 and the box appears to keep freezing try wiggling the remote control.

Generally though any box that keeps freezing needs reporting to TV Faults.  Call  150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

vm boxes.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can check which box you have on this page - TiVo & V6 are different hardware but run the same software, and have "TiVo" in the top-right corner by the video preview screen.

Regardless - is there any particular activity that causes it to freeze? It shouldn't be doing it in any case, but if you're doing anything in particular, it may help narrow down.

You're most likely going to end up reporting what's (almost) certainly a faulty box to VM. You can do that, either by calling in (150 from Virgin, 0345 4541111 otherwise) or by waiting on here for staff - that may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi goodgep,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your Tv services. 

I have been able to locate your account and cannot see anything showing up that could be affecting this. 

What I will do is private message you so we can go through some further checks. 

^Martin