Menu
Highlighted
briantouch
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Turning the box for a few days

I see that when i add a new series link to my Tivo box it will find all episodes in that series and add them straight away even when they been on TV a few days ago.

So i was wondering, if i turned my TiVo box off (that means its not even on standby) due to going away.   Then turned it back on when i got back home would the Tivo do a check of what programs have been on and download where possible? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Turning the box for a few days

This sounds like you have the series link set for recordings and streaming.

It will record what is being broadcast and point you to streaming sources for others that are available, which can be either Catch Up or Netflix.

Powering off for some time means that recordings won’t take place and the program guide will not be populated. The effect of this depends on how long the box is powered off.

Best to leave the box powered at all times.

briantouch
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help, yes you correct i did have it set for recordings and streaming.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unless you specifically want recording and streaming, it’s best to set series link defaults to recordings only.

If you make this change to the defaults, it applies to new series links. Existing series links must be changed individually.

0 Kudos