cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get a technician to visit

Lisampain
Joining in

Hi, after getting the dreaded green screen plus no landline and hanging on for ages to get through to a technician, I have been told that a technician will visit my home in five days!!! Five days!! This is totally unacceptable. I have asked for the first available cancellation. Here’s hoping 🤞 is this a normal wait time? If so I think I shall be changing my service provider. 

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Lisampain,

You might be able to bring forward the appointment if someone else has rearranged/cancelled their appointment.

Click on the Help tab (next to My Upgrades and Offers and Service Status); if you hover over that tab, a new menu will appear. 

Scroll on over to the Orders and Appointments tab and click ok.

Providing it's been arranged the visit will show there,  and you can reschedule from there if the timeslot booked is not convenient for you. 

If you're logging in using the app, open any of the pages and then use the the dots at the top to open the hidden menu. From there, you can select the Orders and Appointments tab. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks, have tried but can’t go back only later appointments available 😕

1F6F990E-4B04-47F4-918C-2B32D24186EC.png

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just on the specifics of the appointment, depending when you reported this, the 5days is around 2-3 working days.

For a residential service provider, that's not uncommon. Keep checking for those cancellations.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Lisampain.

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry that there are no sooner dates showing.

I was able to locate your account using your forums details, I can see an appointment has been made.

I hope the date you have been given is suitable for you.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thank you. Yes I guess I’ll have to wait. Just been frustrating as looking on the forum it says if you get the dreaded green screen usually means that the box has burnt out. Wish virgin could of sent a new one and maybe an engineer too. Hopefully if this is the case he will bring one with him. Virgin really need to step up with their appointments.