Menu
campbeji
Tuning in
Message 21 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfering Programmes and Series Link

Thanks,

It certainly seems like it should work, I could see the old box before it was taken away.  I am pretty sure the guy on the other end of the webchat didn't know what he was talking about.

It's all very disappointing.

Thanks again
Jim

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 22 of 52
Flag for a moderator

The backup of your series links and wishlists from your TiVo is automatic - so you don't request it.

When you get you TiVo replaced or get a second (or more) TiVo - you can copy these automatically saved settings.

When you go to http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/tv-listings/ you select Manage My TiVo

You then see you current and any recently deactivated TiVo listed.

You select Copy TiVo Settings from the left hand menu - and wait around 30 minutes for the copy to happen for the options your select.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
Superuser
Superuser
Message 23 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the clarification Ozsat, appreciate it Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
campbeji
Tuning in
Message 24 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ozsat,

Yes thats what I am doing, apart from the bit where I see the old Tivo, there is just the current one listed, and also no copy option listed.  Check out the screenshot below.

Thanks
Jim

Tivo Screenshot.jpg

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 25 of 52
Flag for a moderator

I can't see the image at present - I'll check back later - but the old TiVo should not have disappeared for 2-3 weeks.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 26 of 52
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just picked up on a PM that directed me here.

Go to Manage My TiVo and login so you can see your new box. If there is no Copy TiVo settings option on the left then try and go directly to the appropraite section by clicking this link:

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap/

Hopefully you should now see your new box and your old de-activated box.

When I only had one box on the account I found that the Copy TiVo Settings option never appeared not even after a box swap but going directly to the web page via the link above allowed me to copy the settings from the old box. I'm sure I have mentioned this to VM support staff before?

Of course, now that I have two boxes on the account the Copy TiVo Settings option is permanently listed.

Let us know how you get on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
campbeji
Tuning in
Message 27 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ozsat,

The image has disappeared???

Anyway there was never two boxes listed, as soon as the box was removed it dissapeared and the new one appeared, Customer service on the phone said that was normal and would come back after 24 hours, it's way past 24 hours now.

Thanks

Tivo Screenshot.jpg

0 Kudos
campbeji
Tuning in
Message 28 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi G4DDS,

Fantastic, that seems to have done it, the copy is in progress as I speak type.

Many Thanks
Jim

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 29 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to both G4DDS and Ozsat -  Ill buy you a beer next time your in town.

Really appreciate you guys taking time out to help us with this one. Maybe VM will pick up there seems to be an issue with this particular function and the next punter wont get the run around.

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 30 of 52
Flag for a moderator

No problem - glad I could be of help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos