Menu
Hughjarrse
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Transfering Programmes and Series Link To New Tivo Box

Virgin are sending me a Tivo-500 to downgrade my existing Tivo-6 because I have chosen to downgrade my broadband from 200mbps to 100mbps.

Here is the rub - I chose to downgrade because i was only ever getting 50mbps yet the Tivo6 worked perfectly and to my knowledge it doesnt use a sideband internet connection like the Tivo-500 did!

They say the Tivo-6 doesnt work at 100mbps - yeah right!
It has been working with my 50mbps max for a year now!

Question is does anyone know if the old transfer of series links will still work - if it ever did before.

The link doesnt work!

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap/

To add insult to injury - after they downgraded my router from 200 to 100 I am actually now getting 100mbps lol

What a larfffff!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfering Programmes and Series Link To New Tivo Box

I am concerned that you have been told that the V6 is not available / does not work with 50Mb because, as you say it has been working with that performance and also since Virgin Media sold the Player bundle with V6 and 50Mb until recently. Player bundle is currently being offered with 100Mb but only for commercial reasons.

If I were you, I would insist on your bundle keeping the V6 when you downgrade to 100Mb.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Transfer Series links _ Yes

Transfer Programmes _ No. Virgins agreements with the broadcasters don't allow it.

To do this VM would have to move to cloud storage, which means you are no longer in charge of your recordings, or when they expire.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Hughjarrse
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin made another mistake put me on Vivo 20 which is capped at 30gb.

Promised to fix it and put me on Vivo 50 - never phoned me back!

Cancelled my Virgin account after 20+ years how sad!

Yeah I knew you couldnt transfer the actual data but the link for transferring the hundreds of series links didnt work either.

BYE BYE VIRGIN!

0 Kudos