cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Be Announced - no programme guide

Annieplus41
Tuning in

I currently have no TV guide with To Be Announced displayed on all channels. I’ve tried to sort this problem out several times by using the suggestions on other posts but still have the following message “network connection unsuccessful” and error code N27. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspected similar. On the front left of your box should be 3 green lights, from L-R:

Power should be on solidly.

Online should be on solidly but I'll wager isn't on your box and is probably flashing?

Remote input flashes.

If so, your box is offline and can't see the VM network. That needs reporting. Possibly an external cabling fault, but likely time for a new box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have a TiVo or a V6 box? The TiVo has its internet connection inbuilt whereas the V6 relies on a connection to your home-hub, so specific advice can differ.

As general advice, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network. What is shown as the last successful connection? If you follow "Connect now" and recheck in 20-30minutes, what does it say?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi, I have a TiVo box, Last successful connection is shown as 29/06 at 5.21, and connecting now says “ Network connection unsuccessful (network cable unplugged)”. Same thing happens 30 minutes later
I’ve been having issues with broadband too for the last few weeks. I’ve called for help and was advised that a supervisor would call back, I’ve used the text message service to get help but keep getting disconnected and no one returns the calls/messages.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspected similar. On the front left of your box should be 3 green lights, from L-R:

Power should be on solidly.

Online should be on solidly but I'll wager isn't on your box and is probably flashing?

Remote input flashes.

If so, your box is offline and can't see the VM network. That needs reporting. Possibly an external cabling fault, but likely time for a new box.

Hi Annieplus41,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry you're having some issues with the guide on the TV.

Following on from what Japitts has advised can you go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network>Connect to Network and let me know if you're able to.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex - I’ve just done as you suggested and still have the same issue. I actually have a TiVo and V6 box, both of which are showing the same problem. Looks like I need to try the help desk again although I’ve not had much luck with them so far

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Having a TiVo and a V6, both with the same symptoms, would then suggest a different course of action. It's worth emphasis here, your V6 connects to your home broadband to do its updates, so...

How is your V6 connected to the broadband - Ethernet cable or WiFi? And is your broadband ok?

There may be a common fault (internet failure to your home) affecting both boxes, but there may also be two separate faults that just happen to exhibit in the same symptoms.