Menu
Emma_Waugh
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivos not working following power cut

Hi

We had a power cut last night but only for about 20 minutes. Since then all three of our tivo boxes are not working. Two start up but show a C130 fault and the other doesn't get past the start up screen.

I rang Virgin and they are showing offline. They can't get an engineer out until Tuesday.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do please? 

Many thanks

Emma

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivos not working following power cut

Sounds like you've done all you sensibly can. Periodically try a power reset possibly, in the hope that eventually it may get itself out of a loop... also there's a section of the "My account" section of the VM site where you can amend your engineer appointment if a cancellation has arisen. Certainly worth a check every few hours.

0 Kudos
star
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Had same thing at beginning of week with a power cut and it has done exactly the same thing as you with the box just stuck on the start up screen in a constant loop and have been trying all week with no sucess to get the service back by trying to resart it.

So looks like you will have to wait until the technician comes to sort it out.

0 Kudos
Emma_Waugh
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

0 Kudos
Emma_Waugh
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you
0 Kudos
Emma_Waugh
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just to update...had a text from Virgin to say that they had located a fault in our area at 5pm. Just check my tivos and all are now working!

Its a shame they didn't take it seriously when I placed my original call yesterday.

0 Kudos