cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo

Paulpal67
Superfast

I have been trying to contact virgin via phone unsuccessfully. I have a tivo in the bedroom which isn't working properly, picture pixelating, breaking up.I have checked all cable's are tight and secure. I ran a test and says there is a problem, contact virgin media.

Thanks in advance 

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Paulpal67 wrote:

I have a tivo in the bedroom which isn't working properly, picture pixelating, breaking up.I have checked all cable's are tight and secure.

I'm reading "between the lines" here that you have another V6/TiVo elsewhere in your home - in which case have you tried swapping the 2 boxes round and checking whether the pixellation fault follows the box move or remains with the room cabling?

Otherwise forum staff should be along in a couple of days to follow this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for replying. Yes, i have a V6 in my living room which is fine. The tivo in the bedroom was the one i had in the living room when i got the V6 and moved the tivo upstairs. I'm almost certain it's the tivo, not the cabling 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Paulpal67 wrote:

Thanks for replying. Yes, i have a V6 in my living room which is fine. The tivo in the bedroom was the one i had in the living room when i got the V6 and moved the tivo upstairs. I'm almost certain it's the tivo, not the cabling 

Fair enough, but have you tried swapping the boxes around? That would turn "almost certain" into "completely certain"

You're probably right, but it's an easy test that would prove the point rather than merely suspecting - and given the staff are likely to take a day or so to respond, won't mean you'll wait any longer for a response.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Think I've solved it. I swapped the boxes and both worked fine. I kept the tivo on in my living room for 15min without any picture break up and I'm thinking, must be the cabling upstairs after all. I then kept the V6 on upstairs for 15min and the picture was perfect and I'm thinking, i don't understand this. My tv in my bedroom has a X shape stand and i had my tivo cable under it. When i had my V6 on upstairs, because of the wee extension cable used for the V6, i kept it above the stand. When i swapped the boxes back, i noticed there was a slight kink when the tivo cable was under my X shaped stand. I now have it over it and so far, no picture break up. I hope all that makes sense lol. Something simple lol. Thanks Japitts, your help is greatly appreciated