cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo

dford2
Joining in

Got an intemittent fault with Tivo box been going on for months jumping picture, was assured a replacement would arrive by retentions that was an obvious lie that the next caller apologised for. Two weeks later called again, no record of a new box, they ordered another one, came today, same size (paving slab) doesn't work, three calls today to sort still not working and waiting. The new (paving slab sized Tivo is actually worse than the older one). How can that be true today? a Tivo box less capable than my phone but 50 times the size? I've actually been sent a replacement for a faulty box that works less well than the faulty one.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch Mr Branson go to space on a roman candle to take a look at the clients he is associated with.

The anger is almost tangible.

6 REPLIES 6

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dford2 wrote:

Got an intemittent fault with Tivo box been going on for months jumping picture, was assured a replacement would arrive by retentions that was an obvious lie that the next caller apologised for. Two weeks later called again, no record of a new box, they ordered another one, came today, same size (paving slab) doesn't work, three calls today to sort still not working and waiting. The new (paving slab sized Tivo is actually worse than the older one). How can that be true today? a Tivo box less capable than my phone but 50 times the size? I've actually been sent a replacement for a faulty box that works less well than the faulty one.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch Mr Branson go to space on a roman candle to take a look at the clients he is associated with.

The anger is almost tangible.

There are two possible reasons you still have the old style TiVO.

1) You are on an old legacy package. Upgrading would allow you to have the new boxes.

2) You are not a Virgin Broadband customer. The V6 TiVO & latest V360 Horizon platform boxes do not have an internal modem, so rely on the services of the Virgin Hub & Broadband connection for everything other than the live channels.

Mr Branson no longer owns Virgin Media. His brand name is leased to Virgin Media's USA based owners Liberty Global.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

As your TV isn't working with the second TiVo the probability is that there is a fault elsewhere, possibly a cable or the signal, and you should get a tech to come round to investigate.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dford2,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some ongoing TV issues!

I was able to locate your account and after running through some further checks, I can see that your TiVo box is showing as online and connected on our system.

Can you tell us a little more about the issues that you're having? Can you not see the TV picture at all? If so, please ensure that your TV is set on the correct HDMI input on your TV.

Take a look at our TV Fault's page to see if this can help narrow down the issue for you.

Please let us know how you're getting on and if you need any further assistance.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Wrong on both counts and now my third box is failing. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Could you elaborate a little on how your box is apparently failing? What problems are you having with it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks once again for reaching out to us @dford2.

As advised by japitts, please could you elaborate on the the issues you are having with the TiVo box? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M